Looking for a career in event planning and management?
Build Your Future With @the Grounds
Date Open: February 1, 2021
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full-time (Non-exempt) position, expected to work non-regular hours; as needed, including overnight shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
@the Grounds is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Facilities Janitor/Conversion. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and set up/ tear down of events, meetings and shows. The Janitor/Conversion person will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and public areas. This position is also required to help set up and tear down before and after events. This is fun opportunity to be part of a growing team!
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, the Facility Janitor/Conversion is responsible for the following:
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
- Troubleshoot issues with HVAC system, lighting and indoor climate control as necessary
- Help set up and tear down before and after events
- Help out all other departments as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years janitorial experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Willingness to work early morning, late-night, and weekend shifts
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
@the Grounds is a non-profit organization managing @the Grounds campus. @the Grounds is the home of the Placer County Fair, All American Speedway, and Event Center @ the grounds. We host public and private events including consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, weddings, and other social events. @the Grounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
This is a part-time position.
The Event Services position will take care of Access Control, Parking Services and more. You must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Worker
SALARY RANGE: DOQ
POSITION TYPE: Full time
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the direction of the Director of Operations, performs various tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of the facilities.
• Assists in the repair, maintenance, and remodeling of plumbing and pipefitting systems, equipment, and facilities.
• Assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical and electronic lighting, data communication, security, control, street lighting, and related systems; performs installation and repair of motors, generators, transformers, conduit, and interior wiring components; replaces light bulbs as needed.
• Performs rough and finish carpentry, including cabinetry, shelves, dividers, paneling, and partitions; assists in installing ceiling and flooring materials; install locks, closing devices, and other door and window hardware.
• Performs painting of interior and exterior building surfaces; prepares surfaces for painting, protects surrounding surfaces, and uses a variety of methods to apply paint or other covering materials such as brushes, rollers, and spray equipment
• Mows, trims, edges, fertilizes, and waters lawns and other landscaped areas; weeds, prunes, mulches, fertilizers, and sprays trees, plants, and shrubbery; prepares the soil for planting; seeds and re-sods lawn areas; plants trees, seedlings, and shrubs.
• Repairs and maintains irrigation systems; adjusts, repairs, and replaces timing mechanisms.
• General Maintenance to include repairs of furnishings and fixtures, performs minor concrete repairs to sidewalks and patios.
• Inspects assigned areas; corrects or reports safety hazards; cleans and maintains facility grounds.
• Operates and maintains a variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to activities.
• Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures worksites from safety hazards as necessary; attends safety meetings.
• Keeps maintenance areas clean and orderly.
• Responsible to maintain all maintenance tools and equipment in a working and orderly fashion.
• Facility cleaning as directed to include restrooms, floors, carpeting, grandstands, and grounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education and Experience: High School diploma/GED; AND one (1) years of general maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Required Knowledge and Skills
o Knowledge of basic principles, equipment, methods, and materials used in building and grounds maintenance activities.
o Operation and maintenance of a variety of hand, power, and shop tools used in a variety of trade areas.
o Shop mathematics.
o Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
o Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
o Skill in safely using and maintaining hand and power tools related to the work.
o Safely operating construction equipment and vehicles.
o Reading and interpreting plans, maps, and instructions.
o Understanding and following oral and written direction.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Finance Manager
SALARY RANGE: DOQ
POSITION TYPE: Full time
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the direction of the General Manager, manage all administrative, financial, analytical, and accounting implementation areas of the organization. Working knowledge of QuickBooks, budgeting, and monthly financial reports are essential.
The FM will perform a variety of financial administrative duties as required by daily operations
@the Grounds, including but not limited to the following:
• Develop, recommend, and maintain office procedures and systems as related to
• Communicate effectively with co-workers, event producers, the general public,
external organizations, and others;
• Assists General Manager in all functions;
• Analyze financial information;
• Research various subjects as needed;
• Oversee deposits and check writing;
• Ensures controls of event-driven revenue streams including parking, concessions and
• The FM will be upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with
diverse individuals and groups.
The FM’s duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provides office administrative support in the areas of finance, report preparation
and staff communication;
• Processes invoices and maintain financial records;
• Work as a liaison with various outside vendors and contractors to maintain
communications and accounts;
• Proactively reviews operating expenses and recommends efficiencies;
• Prepares and maintains various reports;
• Carries out research projects and financial analysis for GM;
• Works as part of the senior team to help increase ATG usage and revenues:
• Prepares financial reports for Board and committee meetings;
• Maintains soft and hard file systems;
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficient in QuickBooks accounting;
• Minimum of Associate Degree and 3-5 years of office experience, BBA preferred:
• Knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel programs;
• Proficient in QuickBooks
• Punctuality and ability to accept responsibility;
• Experience in office and financial management;
• Experience in non-profits and event centers is preferred;
• A courteous and professional manner in working with people; and
• A demonstrable track record of consistent success in a professional environment.
Please apply through the submission form provided below.