Looking for a career in event planning and management?
Build Your Future With @the Grounds
Date Open: Immediately
Date Closed: Until Filled
Type: Full-time (hourly) 40 hours weekly
@the Grounds (ATG) is a non-profit organization, responsible for the management of @the Grounds
campus located in Roseville, CA. The campus is comprised of 60 acres and home to the Placer County Fair,
the annual City of Roseville 4th of July Celebration, All American Speedway/Bill McAnally Racing and
several public and private events including trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations
and weddings. The brand new 32-million-dollar Roebbelen Center opened on February 13, 2020. This
160,000 square foot event center is capable of hosting meetings of 6,000, 12 basketball courts or 24
volleyball courts, and multiple types sports tournaments and competitions making @the Grounds the
premier meeting/event place in the Sacramento Region.
To ensure the sustainable operation and management of @the Grounds as a premier sporting, meeting,
event, festival, fair, concert and celebration destination with a focus on local and national rentals.
Population of about 250,000 in the Placer Valley region part of the Sacramento Metroplex. It is a beautiful
area with significant growth especially in the immediate area. There are great parks and amenities, with
a heavy emphasis on family. Just a short drive away you can enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe, sightseeing in San
Francisco or wine tasting in the famous Napa Valley.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the successful marketing, promotion and communication of the overall campus and
events which occur there. Help ensure @the Grounds is known as “the place” in Placer County and the
Sacramento region for events, fairs, festivals and celebrations.
Website Management, Strategy & Database
• Serve as primary database and website administrator to keep content current and
• Create and edit website pages and content through a CMS (content management
Social Media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), & Visual Assets
• Monitor and report website traffic and flow through Google Analytics, adjusting
website content and marketing accordingly.
• Maintain a strong social media and web presence through social websites such as
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other relevant tools as applicable to goals.
• Manage on site marquee digital communications including creating, editing and
coordinating of messages.
• Work with clients to utilize ATG brand tools.
• Manage, coordinate and build in house photo library.
• Responsible for all media outreach and inquiries including press releases and main
• Build media relations and pitch stories to drive facility and event awareness.
Design, Sponsorships & Sales
• Create presentations for community and internal meetings as needed.
• Assist with online and print ad approval and placement as needed. Responsible for
online placement and design in certain instances, such as Facebook advertising.
• Oversee design of direct mail pieces, flyers, and posters to enhance sales efforts
for tradeshows and other events as requested.
• Manage sponsorship fulfillment by proactively engaging current sponsors and
ensuring all aspects of partnership is activated.
• Assist the sales team with on-site client tours, branding and collateral needs.
• Develop and create monthly community email newsletter to community partners.
• Develop and create emails for partner-specific promotions, events, and leisure or
meetings email marketing campaigns.
• Keep up-to-date on email marketing compliance laws and best practices.
• Analyze email marketing results for future campaigns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event
coordination and event-related services.
• Organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Proven background in marketing, media relations and promotion of events and facilities.
• Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions, and exercise proper action during high
tension and stressful situations.
• Work independently and in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of design programs Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Tech savvy and comfortable with learning new systems.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, media,
community groups, patrons, and others encountered doing the course of employment.
• Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Experience working as a marketing or promotions coordinator or manager in a hotel, sports
facility, or other public assembly venue, is preferred.
• A degree from an accredited (4) year college or university (marketing, advertising,
journalism, business or related) or combination of work experience at a rate of 2 years of
work experience in related field for every year of education is preferred.
• Experience using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office software and equipment.
• Experience with a CMS system and previous website management.
Date Open: February 1, 2021
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full-time (Non-exempt) position, expected to work non-regular hours; as needed, including overnight shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
@the Grounds is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Facilities Janitor/Conversion. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and set up/ tear down of events, meetings and shows. The Janitor/Conversion person will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and public areas. This position is also required to help set up and tear down before and after events. This is fun opportunity to be part of a growing team!
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, the Facility Janitor/Conversion is responsible for the following:
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
- Troubleshoot issues with HVAC system, lighting and indoor climate control as necessary
- Help set up and tear down before and after events
- Help out all other departments as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years janitorial experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Willingness to work early morning, late-night, and weekend shifts
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
@the Grounds is a non-profit organization managing @the Grounds campus. @the Grounds is the home of the Placer County Fair, All American Speedway, and Event Center @ the grounds. We host public and private events including consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, weddings, and other social events. @the Grounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
Placer County Sports Complex, dba as “@the Grounds” is soliciting proposals for qualified concessions services at the facility.
Copies of the detailed request for proposals (RFP) can be obtained by contacting the Placer Valley Sports Complex Office at 916-701-8181 and at 451 Los Vegas Avenue, Roseville, CA 95678.
Placer County Sports Complex’s RFP includes a description of the services to be provided by respondents; the minimum content of the responses; and the factors to be used to evaluate the responses.
For more information, please contact the RFP Coordinator at 451 Los Vegas Avenue or call 916-701-8181. All responses to the Placer Valley Sports Complex RFP must be submitted by February 5, 2021, by 5:00 P.M.
This is a part-time position.
The Event Services position will take care of Access Control, Parking Services and more. You must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please apply through the submission form provided below.