Looking for a career in event planning and management?
Build Your Future With @the Grounds
Date Open: February 1, 2021
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full-time (Non-exempt) position, expected to work non-regular hours; as needed, including overnight shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
@the Grounds is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Facilities Janitor/Conversion. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and set up/ tear down of events, meetings and shows. The Janitor/Conversion person will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and public areas. This position is also required to help set up and tear down before and after events. This is fun opportunity to be part of a growing team!
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, the Facility Janitor/Conversion is responsible for the following:
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
- Troubleshoot issues with HVAC system, lighting and indoor climate control as necessary
- Help set up and tear down before and after events
- Help out all other departments as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years janitorial experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Willingness to work early morning, late-night, and weekend shifts
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
@the Grounds is a non-profit organization managing @the Grounds campus. @the Grounds is the home of the Placer County Fair, All American Speedway, and Event Center @ the grounds. We host public and private events including consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, weddings, and other social events. @the Grounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
This is a part-time position.
The Event Services position will take care of Access Control, Parking Services and more. You must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Position: Event Coordinator (Full-Time + Benefits)
Date Open: Monday, January 19, 2021
Date Closed: Until Filled
Type: Full-time (hourly) position, expected to work non-regular hours; mostly nights, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the successful execution of facility rentals and events with a professional attitude and excellent Customer Service. Help ensure @the Grounds is “the place” in Placer County and the Sacramento region for events, fairs, festivals, and celebrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal and external clients to plan events.
- Communicate with internal and external clients through written and verbal communication.
- Prepare event packets/resumes for events.
- Conduct, assist and oversee conversions as required by event resumes
- Represent @the Grounds working as the manager on duty at events.
- Conduct pre-event walkthrough with clients, ensure that everything is set to the event specifications.
- Complete reports in a timely manner
- Open, close, and secure facility as needed
- Be accessible to customers and guest while working on the campus
- Assure the needs of internal and external clients are met and surpassed.
- Ability to run, train, and assist clients and staff with instructions for use of television, projector, digital boards, scoreboards, and other rental equipment.
- Deal with customer service issues as they arise, and document any issues or problems in a timely manner
- Proactively, seek out potential issues or safety hazards and fix or report them immediately
- Interact with security police and emergency responders if needed
- Work with internal departments to maintain a safe atmosphere at all times
- Proactively handle maintenance issues
- Document all financial changes to the event agreement in a timely manner.
- Provide reports and assist with final settlement in a timely manner.
- Complete post-event walkthrough noting any damage and taking photos when necessary
- Work Flexible/irregular schedule including nights and weekends and holidays.
- Communicate with the team during any event handovers
- Walk the facility prior to events looking for signage needs/cleanliness issues; insure all event-specific signage is out and ready for the event.
- Must be able to remain professional and calm in various situations
- Other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination, and event-related services.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Experience with supervision, training, budgeting, and other administrative duties.
- Handle conflicts, make common-sense decisions, and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered doing the course of employment.
- Experience using Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office software and equipment.
- Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience working as a manager, supervisor, event planner, event coordinator, or catering manager in a hotel, sports facility, or other public assembly venues, is a plus.
- A degree from an accredited (4) year college or university (hospitality, sports management, or related) or a combination of work experience at a rate of 2 years of work experience in a related field for every year of education is preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a sport, tourism, or hospitality profession is preferred.
Please apply through the submission form provided below.