Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Date Open: December 17, 2019
Date Closed: Until Filled
Type: Part-time (hourly) position 20-30 hours weekly, can grow into full time.
@the Grounds (ATG) is a non-profit organization, responsible for the management of the @the Grounds campus located in Roseville, CA. The campus is comprised of 60 acres and home to the Placer County Fair, the Annual City of Roseville 4th of July Celebration, All American Speedway Racing and several public and private events including trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations and weddings. Opening in February 13, 2020 is a brand new 32-million-dollar Event Center. This 160,000 square foot Event Center is capable of hosting meetings of 6,000, 12 basketball courts or 24 volleyball courts, and multiple types of sports tournaments and competitions making @the Grounds the premier meeting/event place in the Sacramento Area.
To ensure the sustainable operation and management of @the Grounds as a premier sporting, meeting, event, festival, fair, concert, and celebration destination with a focus on local and national rentals.
Population of about 250,000 in the Placer Valley region, it is part of the Sacramento Metroplex. It is a beautiful area with significant growth especially in our immediate area. There are great parks and sites, with a heavy emphasis on family. Just a short drive away you can enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe, sightseeing in San Francisco or wine tasting in the famous Napa Valley.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the successful marketing, promotion and communication of the overall campus and events which occur there. Help ensure @the Grounds is known as “the place” in Placer County and the Sacramento region for events, fairs, festivals and celebrations.
- Website Management, Design, Strategy & Database
- Keep website content current and relevant.
- Serve as primary database and website administrator.
- Create and edit website pages and content through a CMS (content management system).
- Social Media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), & Visual Assets
- Monitor and report website traffic and flow through Google Analytics, adjusting website content and marketing accordingly.
- Maintain a strong social media and web presence through social websites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other relevant tools as applicable to goals. Supplement with paid promotions as needed.
- Manage digital asset libraries.
- Manage on site marquee digital communications including creation, editing and coordinating of messages.
- Work with clients to utilize ATG brand tools.
- Community/Media Relation
- Responsible for all media outreach including press releases and contact.
- Act as main point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Build media relations and pitch stories to drive facility and event awareness
- Seek out and manage in-market media and influencer visits.
- Manage, coordinate and build in house photo library.
- Assist Sales and event organizers with media outreach.
- Help coordinate Grand Opening activities.
- Presentations, Publications, Promotional Items & Advertising
- Create presentations for community and internal meetings as needed.
- Oversee production of promotional items, including doing smaller projects inhouse and larger projects with outside design group.
- Assist with online and print ad approval and placement as needed. Responsible for online placement and design in certain instances, such as Facebook advertising.
- Oversee design of direct mail pieces, flyers, and posters to enhance sales efforts for tradeshows and other events as requested.
- Create flyers and promotional collateral materials.
- Email Marketing
- Develop and send monthly community email newsletter to community partners.
- Develop and create emails for partner-specific promotions, events, and leisure or meetings email marketing campaigns.
- Generate consumer email leads through marketing and advertising. Maintain consumer/visitor database of contacts, managing database cleanse in preparation to relaunch of email marketing campaigns targeting attendance for various events.
- Keep up-to-date on email marketing compliance laws and best practices.
- Create email lists and reports that exist in database. Provide instructions to appropriate staff members on list creation for consumer or partner emails as needed.
- Analyze email marketing results used to re-tool future emails.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Proven background in marketing and promotion of events and facilities.
- Experience in media coordination and recruitment.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions, and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of design programs Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with learning new systems.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, media, community groups, patrons, and others encountered doing the course of employment.
- Experience using Windows, Word, Excel, Photoshop and other standard office software and equipment.
- Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience working as a marketing or promotions coordinator or manager in a hotel, sports facility, or other public assembly venue, is a plus.
- A degree from an accredited (4) year college or university (marketing, advertising, journalism, business or related) or combination of work experience at a rate of 2 years of work experience in related field for every year of education is preferred.
- Previous marketing experience in a sport, tourism or hospitality profession is preferred.
- Experience with a CMS system, previous website experience.