Position: Event Coordinator (Full-time + Benefits)
Date Open: December 9, 2019
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: $15.00 to $17.50/hour based on experience
Type: Full-time (hourly) position, expected to work non-regular hours mostly nights, weekends, and holidays.
@the Grounds (ATG) is a non-profit organization, responsible for the management of the @the Grounds campus located in Roseville, CA. The campus is comprised of 60 acres and home to the Placer County Fair, the Annual City of Roseville 4th of July Celebration, All American Speedway Racing and several public and private events including trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations and weddings. Opening in February 2020, a brand new 32-million-dollar Event Center. This 160,000 square foot Event Center is capable of hosting meetings of 5,000, 12 basketball courts or 24 volleyball courts, and multiple types of sports tournaments and competitions making @the Grounds the premier meeting place in the Sacramento Area.
To ensure the sustainable operation and management of @the Grounds as a premier sporting, meeting, event, festival, fair, concert, and celebration destination with a focus on local and national rentals.
Population of about 250,000 in the Placer Valley region, it is part of the Sacramento Metroplex. It is a beautiful area with significant growth especially in our immediate area. There are great parks and sites, with a heavy emphasis on family. Just a short drive away you can enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe, sightseeing in San Francisco or wine tasting in the famous Napa Valley.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the successful execution of facility rentals and events with a professional attitude and excellent Customer Service. Help ensure @the Grounds is “the place” in Placer County and the Sacramento region for events, fairs, festivals and celebrations.
- Work with internal and external clients to plan events.
- Communicate with internal and external clients through written and verbal communication.
- Prepare event packets / resumes for events.
- Conduct and oversee conversions as required by event resumes.
- Represent @the Grounds working as the manager on duty at events.
- Conduct pre-event walkthrough with clients, ensure that everything is set to the event specifications.
- Complete reports in a timely manner.
- Open, close, and secure facility as needed.
- Be accessible to customers and guest while working on the campus.
- Assure the needs of internal and external clients are met and surpassed.
- Ability to run, train, and assist clients and staff with instructions for use of television, projector, digital boards, scoreboards, etc.
- Deal with customer service issues as they arise, and document any issues or problems in a timely manner.
- Proactively, seek out potential issues or safety hazards and fix or report them immediately.
- Interact with security police and emergency responders, if needed.
- Work with internal departments to maintain a safe atmosphere at all times.
- Proactively handle maintenance issues.
- Document all financial changes to the event agreement in a timely manner.
- Provide reports and assist with final settlement in a timely manner.
- Complete post event walkthrough noting any damage and taking photos when necessary.
- Work Flexible / irregular schedule including nights and weekends and holidays.
- Communicate with team during any event handovers.
- Walk the facility prior to any event looking for signage needs / cleanliness issues; Put out all event-specific signage.
- Must be able to remain professional and calm in various situations.
- Other duties assigned.