Positions: Concessions manager - Food and Beverage (Full-Time + Benefits)
Date Open: August 2019
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full-time (non-exempt) position, expected to work non-regular hours; including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
@the Grounds (ATG) is a non-profit organization, responsible for the management of the @the Grounds campus located in Roseville, CA. The campus is
comprised of 60 acres and home to the Placer County Fair, the Annual City of Roseville 4th of July Celebration, All American Speedway Racing and several
public and private events including trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations and weddings. Opening in February 2020, a brand new 32-
million-dollar Event Center. This 160,000 square foot Event Center is capable of hosting meetings of 5,000, 12 basketball courts or 24 volleyball courts, and
multiple types of sports tournaments and competitions making @the Grounds the premier meeting place in the Sacramento Area. This is an exciting opportunity
for an individual who is innovative, entrepreneurial, diligent and business savvy who wants to be an important part of building this new operation.
To ensure the sustainable operation and management of @the Grounds as a premier sporting, meeting, event, festival, fair, concert and celebration destination with a focus both on local rentals and events that achieve specific hotel room night goals.
Population of about 250,000 in the Placer Valley region, it is part of the Sacramento Metroplex. It is a beautiful area with significant growth especially in our immediate area. There are great parks and sites, with a heavy emphasis on family. Just a short drive away you can enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe, sightseeing in San Francisco or wine tasting in the famous Napa Valley.
The Concessions Manager is responsible for the effective management of @the Grounds concessions and bar operations including inventory controls, product ordering, training new employees, cash controls, compliance with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision, warehouse oversight, troubleshooting, closing duties, event planning support, food preparation and production, and other tasks assigned. The Concessions Manager must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth operation of the Food and Beverage Dept. This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business including large volume sales and large volume ordering. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule including evenings and weekends. Flexible availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the overall effective management of the Food & Beverage operations by ensuring proper set-up of all concession locations prior to doors. Set-up duties may include (but are not limited to): verifying opening inventory, assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer), ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location is fully operational, ascertaining levels of food production based upon projected guest attendance has been met; assuring staff has followed proper procedures for distribution and handling of cash.
- Assist in the management of handling all communication with hourly staff & guests.
- Ensure event staff and volunteers are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to management team immediately.
- Complete post-event evaluations, data compilation, tracking of monetary and product shortages, generating reports; serves as a resource for POS applications, training, and hardware problems.
- Work in tandem with Events Department to analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of sale to guest ratio.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Creates and presents financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements to further grow profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits preferred, experience as a high volume concession’s manager or similar high-volume Food service/bar manager role may be substituted for education at a ratio of two-years’ experience for every one year of education.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in food-related or concessions industry is mandatory.